I love Spring! Bright days, longer evenings and the chance to ditch those heavy Winter coats and replace them with a blazer. Tailored, chic and oh so versatile, a blazer is a must-have this season.
But how do you choose one that’s going to suit you and give you endless styling options?
- Choose a colour that is flattering to your skintone. Black is a good option if you are a Clear, a Cool or a Deep but navy, charcoal, ivory or fern green are good neutral alternatives.
- If you want to make a statement, choose a brighter one! There are so many striking colours this season to choose from but make sure it is in harmony with your look and that it doesn’t ‘wear you’!
- If you have more curve on the top half or broad shoulders consider a single breasted blazer as additional buttons, epaulettes and breast pockets can all add additional bulk.
- Think about the length and choose one that will balance proportions. One that finishes at hip length is flattering for most petites. Ensure it isn’t too oversized as it could swamp your frame!
- Don’t be afraid to belt your blazer to add shape to your waist. This is particularly effective for rectangular body shapes.
- Experiment with shapes, colours and print. If choosing to invest in a blazer opt for a neutral shade as it will never date!
If you fancy adding a blazer to your wardrobe this Spring, here’s a little inspiration and my top online buys, all are guaranteed to make you smile!
This stunning blazer from Mango is perfect for warm skintones and will look fabulous on Warms! Pair with blue or charcoal grey trousers for work or style with jeans at the weekend. I love Mango blazers. Great quality and value for money!
Chic, stylish and understated, this is a fabulous blazer. Perfect for work, it will also elevate your weekend style. Layer over a breton t-shirt and style with cropped jeans for an easy, classic look!
This textured Zara blazer is perfect for Cools & Lights. Dress up with white trousers for work or style with a simple white t-shirt and jeans. Blazers can look great layered over dresses and jumpsuits too, just make sure that your proportions are right! If in doubt choose a short textured Chanel inspired jacket instead. There are lots of options on the high street.
How gorgeous is this short sleeved linen blazer from Massimo Dutti? Understated and so versatile, this will layer effortlessly over everything! Add a belt to cinch in the waist and style with a pop of coral or other neutral shades. This shade of green is perfect for warm skintones and will flatter Deeps & Warms.
Fancy a statement piece? This monochrome print ticks all the boxes. Elegant, striking and very versatile this will transition easily from desk to bar. Dress up with a classic black shift dress or black capri trousers or dress down with jeans and trainers. Perfect for Clears, Deeps and Cools.
Add a splash of yellow to your wardrobe this Spring/Summer with this pale yellow blazer from Baukjen. Pair with a breton stripe or tones of lavender for a pretty, feminine look. This will pair effortlessly with florals and is ideal for Lights and Warms. You are welcome to use my discount code Jackson15 for 15% off.
I hope you’ve found this helpful. If you are unsure of the style and colour that will flatter you most, book an online personal style assessment with me. All details are on my website.
Have a colourful and stylish Spring!